So, I've been making earrings for awhile now, but I always seem to make the same kind. I learned one technique a few years ago, and I pretty much always stick to that same one.
| All of these were made by attaching beads to a single chain (varying lengths for each of the 3 shown here) dangling from the ear hook. |
I decided that I am going to try to force myself from the rut of "same old, same old" by trying out one new design or technique every month this year. I've seen so many cute designs lately on etsy and pinterest that I want to try my hand at. I feel like I can't look at earrings in a store or look through a magazine without thinking, "how could I make that?" I recently found this great book with tons of beautiful designs and easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
Now, I have all kinds of ideas for earrings I want to try and make. Here is my earring for the month of January.
No comments:
Post a Comment