Tuesday, January 3, 2012

fabulous finds

Last week I got together with a friend in Madison, Georgia to catch up.  I had not seen her since our adventures in Colorado last summer so it was really great to get to spend some time with her.  She was in Georgia visiting family for the holidays so we got to meet up one day.  We met for lunch at a cute little coffee shop and chatted about what's going on in each of our lives.  Then we spent the afternoon browsing through the boutiques and antique stores in town.  I found some great things. 


This handmade crochet piece.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm sure I will use it to embellish some upcoming project---maybe a shirt or scarf or pillow...


This mercury glass decanter.  Not food-safe, so I can't really put anything in it, but I love the look of it.  I'll just use it for decoration.

And, now for my favorite....these great vintage suitcases.  I love them, and they are in such good condition. The have a neat story to go along with them, too.  The owners of the antique shop got them from an estate sale, and the lady who owned them was one of America's very first female pilots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment