Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happy new year!!

Happy New Year!!!






I hope everyone had a great time ringing in the new year with friends and family. I'm thankful for the gift of a new year to enjoy. A new year is filled with new starts, new opportunities, new adventures and experiences... It's like a blank page just waiting for you to write your story on it. Let this be the year that you step up and do what you've always wanted to do but never did. Let it be the year that you actually stick to your resolutions. Or, don't make any at all, but whatever you do--stop sitting around waiting for someday. Make the most of today and this year while you can. How many times have we put off something until "someday" or said we'll get around to that "one day"?  How often do those "somedays" and "one days" actually come?   So, is there that trip you've always wanted to take but haven't, a new career or education you dream of but haven't gathered enough couage to take the next step, a relationship that needs to be reconciled but fear or pride has kept you from it, an art class or dance class you've been wanting to try, a business venture...?   What are you waiting for?

I hope that I end 2012 loving and trusting God more than when I started it. I pray that I will trust Him to provide for and satisfy me knowing that He is faithful and He will do it. I was reading in Matthew chapter 15 where Jesus feeds the crowd of 4000 people. When initially presented with the problem of so many people and such small portions of food the disciples asked, "Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?" A logical and reasonable question, right? I mean, there were 4000 people.  That's a lot of people to feed.  At first glance it seems perfectly so, but just one chapter previously in Matthew these men had been in this same predicament. They had been with Jesus when he fed 5000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish. The disciples had been the very ones who passed the food out to the people. They saw with their own eyes. Surely they smelled the bread as they passed it out and probably tasted it and ate until they too were full from the basketfuls that were left over. Did they just not remember, or did they not trust that He could do it again? It sounds ridiculous, but don't we do the same thing?  How many times do we forget the Lord's faithful hand in our lives?  So often I forget that God has been faithful to me, He is faithful to me, and He will be faithful to me. As we look back on 2011, and the many years in our lives that have come before, may we remember God's goodness and faithfulness to us.  As we look forward to 2012, may we live with hands open to what God has for us and, may we live trusting that He will provide for us just as He promises and has proven to us over and over.

Here's to the journey that is 2012.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment