So, I've finally decided on my word for 2014.
I wanted to choose a word that summarized what I want my year to be characterized by. I want to challenge myself to focus on this one word every day for the whole year. At all times. In all areas of my life. I thought about words like beauty, rest, enjoy, shine, and embrace, but in the end I just kept coming back to the same one over and over. My word for the year 2014 is CELEBRATE. This time next year when I look back at how I lived in 2014 I want it to be said that one thing I did well was celebrate!
I know that there will times of celebrating big momentous occasions with friends and family this year. I've already got them on my calendar. Weddings, new babies being born, milestone birthdays, and graduations. And for all those wonderful things, celebrate we will!!
But I want this year to be about celebrating even in the mundane and the ordinary. Celebrating everyday as special and as the gift from God that it is. I want to be more intentional in being grateful and thankful and to look for reasons and ways to celebrate things that I might have overlooked before. I firmly believe that fine china is not meant for china cabinets but for sharing meals with those you love. That champagne is not just for New Year's Eve and wedding toasts but also for that random Tuesday night, just because. That cakes and candles are not just for birthdays. That it's always the right occasion to tell someone you love how much they mean to you and not just on Valentine's Day, or your anniversary, or Father's Day or Mother's Day.
I want to celebrate the simple joys found in everyday moments. I want to rejoice in the everyday achievements and events. I want to recognize and honor the special occasions that happen everyday. I want to take it one step past being thankful. I want to recognize the gifts I've been given, and then in thanksgiving, mark it with a literal and physical celebration of actual observing, memorializing, feasting, praising, rejoicing, and partying! So join me in the year 2014 and let's celebrate!
I want to celebrate the simple joys found in everyday moments. I want to rejoice in the everyday achievements and events. I want to recognize and honor the special occasions that happen everyday. I want to take it one step past being thankful. I want to recognize the gifts I've been given, and then in thanksgiving, mark it with a literal and physical celebration of actual observing, memorializing, feasting, praising, rejoicing, and partying! So join me in the year 2014 and let's celebrate!
![]() |
| via Pinterest |
How do you plan to celebrate in the year 2014?

No comments:
Post a Comment