Here is a cardigan refashion that I did a little while ago. It's not exactly as I intended it to be, but I'm learning lots as I go. I decided I want to try to come up with fun names for the things I create (taking after some of my favorite clothing stores and online boutiques). The fabric on this cardigan reminds me of a garden party, so that's where the name comes from. It makes me excited for spring. Kind of ironic since I made this on a snow day.
So, originally this was an XLarge ribbed turtleneck I found at Goodwill. I wish I had the "before" picture to show, but I don't. I started by cutting the turtleneck off and cutting down the middle to make it a cardigan instead of a pullover. I cut off about 2in from around the bottom to make into a belt. Then I added the fabric pieces on each side. I wanted it to be longer even after I cut 2in from the bottom, so that's why I bought an XL. I had to take in the sleeves and some from the sides to finish it off for a better fit.
And here's a close-up of the fabrics. I love both of these fabrics together!!
No comments:
Post a Comment