I was looking back through old pictures on my computer the other day and I came across these pictures of my first clothing sewing project. I guess this wasn't technically my first clothing project. I had made a few easy skirts from patterns with the help of friends before. This was the start of my more recent sewing adventures though. This was the beginning of embellishing clothing, upcycling thrift items, and making my own pieces without patterns. The shirt that started it all, I guess you could say.
I actually made it on Valentines Day a few years ago. How appropriate! To celebrate my new love. A friend and I spent the day doing all the things we love doing together...... movies, shopping, sewing and crafting, and of course eating!! I seem to start new ventures on Valentines Day. I started my first day as a physical therapist on that day. Oh yes, I love my job that much. I assume my next big venture in life will begin on the Day O' Love as well. So, back to the shirt. I based the shirt off of a tutorial from one of my favorite bloggers. I'm so sad she doesn't blog anymore. She was my role model and didn't even know it. ;) I found her tutorial right about the time I was discovering the wide world of sewing blogs and awesome easy-to-follow tutorials that are out there. I have been hooked ever since.
![]() |
| before |
![]() |
| adding lace and ruffles |
![]() |
| working away |
![]() |
| the finished product |




I love this!!! The little sweat shop on Monte Sano ;) That was one of my fave Valentine's Days ever! Oh, and "Love at First Stitch" sounds like an awesome name for an etsy shop ;)
ReplyDeletethanks....you taught me everything i know (well, about sewing, that is).
ReplyDelete