These four little hats will soon be on the heads of four precious little babies in Afghanistan. A few weeks ago I heard about a project called knit.pray.love through a radio station that I sometimes listen to. They were collecting handmade knit hats to take to a Cure International hospital in Afghanistan when they visit later this month. Cure has childrens hospitals all over the world in various developing countries. Their mission is to bring physical and spiritual healing by demonstrating God's love to these patients and their families around the world. To read more about them click here. Well, I did not know how to knit but wanted to participate. So.... I learned. I cheat a little though, but it's still handmade. I'm not using the traditional method of knitting. I'm using a circular loom called a Knifty Knitter. I highly recommend these. They are super easy to teach yourself and have great step-by-step instructions with pictures! The knit.pray.love project specifically asked for NO storebought hats. Their desire is that while you are knitting you are praying for the child and mother who will receive the hat. Once I heard this, I was even more on board with this project. I love the power of prayer and the way you can touch lives and parts of the world you may never set foot. They also asked that you send a personal note/prayer with each hat which will then be translated and read to the mothers of these babies/children. I was so excited to be able to speak Truth and Love to these women living in a country marked by such hostility and oppression of women--to share with them that they are special, loved, beautiful, and important; that they have great worth and are made in the image of God; to share prayers for their children to grow up knowing the love of God and true and lasting Joy and Peace. Please join me in praying for these four little babies whose names we don't know and that we will never meet(at least not on this earth). Pray for their salvation and the salvation of their entire household! Pray that one day they will be part of the great multitude that noone can count--present with us standing before the throne of God pictured in Revelation 7:9.
Check out the video below for more on knit.pray.love
so sweet :)
ReplyDelete