oh spraypaint...how do I love thee....let me count the ways....
Can I just say that I am a huge fan of spraypaint. It is such a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to add new life to old, tired, and boring things around the house. I have used it in so many ways over the years. Here is a sampling of pieces I've spraypainted in my home.
 |
| This was once a bronze lamp base I picked up at Goodwill for a few dollars. Some fresh paint and a new shade and....tada |
 |
| Paint can unify a grouping of frames of varied sizes, shapes, and textures |
 |
| close-up of some texture |
 |
| (please excuse my mess under and on top of desk) |
 |
| wall art |
I cringe when I think about all the time and effort I used to put into painting pieces of furniture in the past compared with now that I've been introduced to the wonderful world of spraypaint. Now, don't get me wrong, spraypaint definitely has a place. I would never spraypaint an expensive antique piece.There are times when there is just no substitute for sanding down a nice piece of furniture and properly applying a stain or a nice paintjob. I tend to use spraypaint on pieces of furniture that are lesser quality or for something trendy that I'll know I'll end up changing again pretty soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment