Wednesday, October 19, 2011

celebrations

I haven't been able to upload pictures of any projects I've been up to lately because my computer finally officially and completely bit the dust.  I haven't gotten a new one yet, but hopefully there will be more posts once I do.  I do have a picture of a pennant/bunting that I made for a friend's baby shower and it is now hanging in her nursery.  I am really loving these right now to decorate rooms.  They are such a fun and cheerful addition to a room, whether it's for a party or for a more permanent decoration.  I am definitely a fan.  I'm sure I'll be making some to decorate my house to celebrate the Christmas season. 

               celebrating the arrival of little joanna


The same friend who we had the baby shower for also gave me the best recipe last week for white chicken chili that I thought I'd share.

               celebrating the arrival of fall:

Creamy White Chili
  
1 lb         Chicken             
1             Onion, Medium
            Minced cloves garlic
1 Tbs       Vegetable Oil
2  cans     Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
1 can       Chicken Broth (14 oz)
2 cans      Chopped Green Chilis (4 oz)
1 tsp         Salt
1 tsp         Ground Cumin
1 tsp         Dried Oregano
½ tsp        Black Pepper
¼ tsp        Cayenne Pepper
1 cup        Sour Cream
1 cup        Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream

Instructions: In a large skillet sauté chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilis, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
Serve immediately with your favorite corn bread recipe or put in a bread bowl
Makes 7 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment